- Is the Howard Payne University MBA Program accredited?
Yes. Howard Payne University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- What is the cost of the program?
The cost of the MBA Program at Howard Payne University is $490 per credit hour.
- What specific requirements are there for admission to the MBA program?
Applicants to the MBA program must:
- hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- submit an application (Applications for admission should be submitted between March 15 and July 1 for the fall semesters, and between August 15 and December 1 for the spring semesters)
- submit official transcripts (from all colleges or universities attended)
- hold a cumulative 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate studies
- How do I apply to the MBA Program?
Click here to complete an online application. Official transcripts should be mailed to the address provided on the application. The application process will be complete once transcript is received. Once accepted to the program, you will receive a registration packet to begin the admissions and enrollment process.
- Is there an Application Fee and if so, how much?
There is no application fee.
- Is there a deadline for applying to the program?
It is strongly recommended that applications and transcripts be submitted between March 15 and July 1 for the fall semesters; and between August 15 and December 1 for the spring semesters; however the MBA director or dean of business has the discretion to accept applications after those dates.
- If accepted into the program, are there Admission or Student Service fees required?
There is no admission fee or student service fees required, however there is a $50 per semester registration fee.
- What types of financial assistance is available?
Because the program is new and in its infancy, we currently do not have scholarships or graduate assistant positions available; however we will reevaluate the possibility in the future. The Financial Aid office can help you apply for loans. We have an institutional financial aid application for graduate students. You will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the institutional application. Contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-649-8015. Federal financial aid for graduate students is limited to loans, and requires minimum enrollment of six hours. Please contact the Financial Aid office if you have any other questions.
- Is the MBA Program available online?
The program is a classroom setting on nights and weekends; however the professor has the prerogative to have a week or two of online coursework (through the university Blackboard service) for students to work privately or in group projects.
- How long will it take me to complete the program?
Applicants who hold a business degree and attend full-time could complete the program in 1-to-11⁄2 years; non-business applicants that attend full-time could complete in 11⁄2-to-2 years.
- Is there limited enrollment?
We will have unlimited enrollment into the program; but, we will have a limit of 30 students being allowed to register per class.