Beginning in January 2014, the School of Christian Studies founded a student journal to spotlight the excellent recent work of its students.
- Submissions related to any Christian Studies topic (biblical, theological, ministry studies) will be considered for publication.
- Submissions will be accepted from any student currently enrolled at Howard Payne University, although preference will be given to undergraduate students.
- Submissions should be at least 1000 words (approx. 3 pages) in length, and submissions of any length over that minimum will be considered. Submissions for follow the style guidelines available here.
- Submissions must be emailed by attachment (Microsoft Word format) to ChristianStudies@hputx.edu with “Journal Submission” in the subject line.
- The journal follows an anonymous reviewing procedure. Therefore, identifying information such as author’s name, social security number, course information, etc. should not appear anywhere in the text of the submission itself. On a separate page, authors should include the following information.
- The title of the paper
- Author’s name, major field of study, and semester of expected graduation
- Valid email address where author can be consistently contacted
- If the paper was originally written for a course, the author should indicate for what course and in which semester the paper was written
- Authors will receive an initial response regarding their submission within one month of their submission.