A biology major is useful for:
- Such as biology teacher or research lab technician
- Background for allied health fields (requires additional courses at another school)
- Such as hospital lab technician
- Overlap with health profession schools requirements
- Such as medical, dental, optometry, physical therapy, or veterinary medicine schools
- Graduate schools (master or doctorate degrees)
- Such as biology or public health
The biology faculty:
- Have a wide range of backgrounds
- Teach courses for freshmen to seniors
- Teach labs as well as lectures
- Serve as academic advisors for biology majors
- Serve as research advisors for student’s individual research projects
The biology major at Howard Payne University emphasizes:
- Broad background in biology
- You must take a wide variety of biology courses.
- Hands-on experiences
- Almost every biology course includes a laboratory component.
- Individual research project
- Each student plans, carries out, and reports on an independent project.
See our additional web pages for more information about the department or contact Dr. Harlan Scott.