Software Development Engineer/SDET Intern, Amazon Corporate:
We hire software development engineer interns into our technical teams based in Seattle, Washington. Our interns and co-ops write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers.
Impact: As a member of the Amazon development team, you’ll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of the Amazon e-commerce platform and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and tweaking algorithms, just to name a few.
Innovation: Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you interested in finding the best intersection of features vs. performance? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative technology that offers millions of unique products to thousands of suppliers, to tens of millions of customers around the world? Many of the technical challenges Amazon encounters have never been dealt with before on this scale, if at all. Come help lead the way in e-commerce innovation.
· Currently enrolled in a Computer Science/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline) with at least one term to finish after the completion of the Amazon internship
· Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java)
· Experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational databases and optimization
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through abstract thinking
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply at Amazon Internship Application
Communications Intern: Heart of Texas Camp seeks a dynamic, self‐starter to assist marketing and communication efforts for the organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while being involved in a ministry organization.
Responsibilities could include: Update and maintain Heart of Texas Camp’s social media presence, including monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting Facebook updates. Develop and maintain a marketing strategy for the organization. Assist in planning, writing and managing e‐newsletters and sending camp announcements through Constant Contact. Help find and write camp stories and testimonials that will promote the camp. Design flyers, graphics, and other marketing material. Update the organizations website regularly. Create comprehensive database of targeted churches, organizations and prospective camp groups. Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications. Prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact with supervisor. Take pictures and video.
Qualifications: Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media. Working toward a college degree in a related field (Marketing/ Communications / Advertising or Public Relations) Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and /or marketing. Must be computer literate, with knowledge of graphic design and website management. Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well independently, and with a team. Christian with a commitment to the camp’s mission and purpose.
At least 10 hours per week, with at least 4 hours per week spent at the camp.
Compensation: This Fall and Spring internship is given a stipend of $75/ week.
Summer Intern: The summer intern would include everything listed above, but would be much more involved in the camp’s daily operation. They would be expected to work full time and would receive a daily salary as well as free room and board. They would be considered part of the summer staff with a specialty focus in marketing and communications.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Rhonda@heartoftexascamp.com
POLITICAL AFFAIRS INTERNSHIP
This is a part-time 14-hours per week telecommuting internship.
- Conduct lobbying meetings with Congressional offices. Build support for key legislation that impacts the International Affairs Budget and the world’s poor.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
Qualifications: Outstanding writing skills. Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
Application Process: Apply online
Central Leadership Institute: 11 month paid internship with Central Christian Church of Mesa, Arizona. Provides a combination of classroom leadership training along with real life ministry experience for leaders who desire to serve in vocational ministry. Central Christian Church is a cutting edge multi-site church that believes in developing the next generation of leaders and will provide a unique and beneficial internship experience. The internship begins August 1, 2016 and provides an annual salary of $16,000.00, shared apartment, and medical coverage.