Common Ground Worship Leader, FUMC, Brownwood, TX:
The primary responsibilities of the Worship Leader will be to direct and grow the music worship ministry of FUMC Brownwood, Common Ground service. This person will work alongside the Common Ground Pastor and Common Ground Leadership Team, as well as other music ministry leaders within the greater FUMC ministry, to achieve the overall goals of FUMC Brownwood. The Common Ground Worship Leader will provide direction/supervision to Common Ground media personnel (paid & volunteer) helping develop the atmosphere of the service including visual & audio media. This position will be supervised by the Common Ground Pastor and will be evaluated by the Senior Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Common Ground Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday Worship services. Responsibilities include preparing for and leading weekly rehearsals as well as consulting with the Common Ground Pastor to select music and visuals for Sunday services.
- Grow the Common Ground musicians both spiritually and musically.
- Develop a diverse team of musicians including instrumentalists and vocalists for year-round ministry.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Maintains area directly related to worship team including stage and storage areas. Keeps records/inventory of church-owned items with attention to neatness and good stewardship of equipment.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry of FUMC Common Ground ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Attend (as able) the twice-monthly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of FUMC.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Common Ground Pastor.
- Lead youth in worship on Wednesday nights.
- Assist in planning and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services including a Christmas Eve service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Common Ground pastor, and/or Leadership Team.
- Either is currently a member of FUMC or willing and qualified to join the membership of First United Methodist Church, Brownwood.
- It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 10-15 hours (flexible) per week with three initial Sundays off each year (excluding Easter and Christmas Eve.)
- Annual evaluation conducted by the Senior Minister & Common Ground Leadership Team. All new hires begin on a three-month probationary period followed by formal evaluation.
- Physical expectations for this position would require potential stage set up, lifting of 20-30 pounds with some usage of ladders, and simple tools.
- All positions undergo a background check at FUMC.
- Starting salary is from $12,000-15,000/year depending on experience.
- Please submit your resume to Joey Wilbourn, Common Ground Pastor, at the following email address: email@example.com. For general inquiries call the church office at (325) 643-1555.
Summer Staff, Glorieta Camps: Job Description: We are looking for servant-hearted, enthusiastic 18-24-year-olds to serve as summer staff. You can check out www.campeagle.org/apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
- Wilderness Guide
- Conference Staff
- Food Service
- Building & Grounds
- Worship Leaders
- Medical Staff
- Activities Staff
- Digital Media
- Child Care
- Retail Staff
Our mission to inspire Christ-like change is our motivation to get up early and stay up late. We work and play with a purpose, trusting that God can use any moment to make Himself known. Come and be part of the Family!
Salary: $150 per week plus room and board
Application: Please complete our preliminary application online at glorieta.org/apply
Latch Key is looking for one student worker to tutor children in Reading or Math in their after school program. They need workers Monday through Friday between the hours of 2:30pm and 5:30pm. If hired, your specific hours would need to be adjusted to work around your class schedule each semester. Student workers generally work between 8-15 hours/week but your specific hours would be determined by the supervisor. The pay is $7.25/hour. Your eligibility must be confirmed by the Financial Aid Office. If you are interested in this job, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 325-649-8072 or come by Room 109 in the Packer Building.
Schlitterbahn Lifeguards: Role Summary: Lifeguards maintain the safety of guests, by overseeing their assigned areas to protect weak or distressed swimmers in times of need and communicating with guests regarding other safety issues.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Providing guests with exceptional service.
- Ensuring guest safety.
- Maintaining high standards of safety.
- Maintaining skills at a rescue-ready level at all times.
- Assisting with various tasks including grounds, tubes, line control and taking out trash.
- Cleaning, sweeping, cleaning tubes, lifting tables and moving heavy objects.
- Passing random audits of skill levels and attentiveness.
- Must be at least 15/16 years old. (Dependent upon park location.)
- Must be friendly and outgoing with a high customer service acumen.
- Required to maintain established performance levels.
- Must successfully complete a swim-test and lifeguard certification course.
- Walking to and from your entire assigned area, climbing ladders and stairs when necessary.
- Standing with or without movement for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to multiple, high-stress situations at any given time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while maintaining a sense of high alertness.
- Standing in natural, untreated river water or other water for extended periods of time.
- Must have 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Exposure to sun and heat for extended periods of time.
- Bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy objects.
- Must be able to push up to 50lbs and lift up to 20lbs.
- Must frequently use hands/fingers to handle tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Apply online at http://www.Bahnjobs.com
Part Time Youth Pastor: Is your desire to impact today’s youth for a future walking with Christ? FBC Winters is seeking a very Part Time Youth Pastor (ASAP) to minister to our Wednesday night youth group. This could be a married couple, individual, or individuals who provide lessons, encouragement, and interaction with 6-12 grade students a couple of hours each week. Please contact Dawn at DawnKillough@gmail.com or 325.212.0805.
Kroger Retail Associate: As a part of our team, you could:
- Prepare gourmet dishes, make artisan sandwiches and serve local and imported cheeses
- Bake fresh breads and cookies, decorate cakes and serve personalized coffees
- Build attractive displays and stock shelves
- Create artistic floral arrangements
- Cut and serve the highest quality meats and seafood
- Assist customers at checkout and bag groceries
- Contribute in many other areas to provide extraordinary service to our customers
We are now accepting applications for all positions including cashier, bagger, grocery clerk, produce clerk, meat clerk, deli clerk and bakery clerk.
We are always looking for smiling, energetic, friendly and fun people. We offer our associates much more than just a paycheck. In addition to medical and retirement plans, we offer paid vacation, life insurance, tuition assistance and college scholarships. Associates also enjoy flexible schedules, and many associates who begin in part-time jobs choose to grow with us into long-term careers. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Each candidate is subject to a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Clerk/Cashier – CVS Pharmacy: Summary – To ensure customer satisfaction by handling each customer with the eye’s, hi’s and help. To ensure each customer has a positive shopping experience and to remember that the customer is the top priority.
Req ID 23737BR
Must be at least 16 years of age
Ability to complete the following tasks:
- Operate a cash register including cash transactions, checks, charges
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding cash register performance
- Request additional help when needed to increase customer satisfaction
- Greet each customer using the eye’s, hi’s and help at all times and assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
- Price merchandise utilizing price guns
- Store cleanliness: break area and rest rooms; vacuum; dust/face; clean windows; rubbish removal; exterior maintenance; sweeping
- Stock shelves
- Complete price changes: document counts, utilize price guns
- Answer the telephone using the appropriate greeting
- Process photofinishing orders
- Maintain check-out area: fill register supplies, bags; wipe counter tops
- Issue rainchecks when requested
- React to potential shoplifters following company guidelines
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality
- Maintain card department: order, stock, inventory, signing
- Maintain cosmetic department/units: clean, stock, set displays, sign, prepare returns (UPP system)
- Reset departments/end caps following POGs
- Display and sign weekly, promotional and seasonal merchandise
- Prepare damages: document counts and item numbers, seal trays
- In-store signing, including: shelves, displays, dump baskets, windows, ceiling
- Assist Pharmacy personnel when needed
- Complete minor in-store repairs i.e., carriage poles, change light bulbs
- Work out reserve stock
- Assist customers with large purchases (taking out to vehicle)
- Unload and load trays/cases – 35 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet
- Move trays/cases from one location to another
- Previous retail experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Fresh Grounded Faith (Women’s Ministries: Part-time Group Sales Coordinator. Flexible hours and work from your location. Click link for job description and how to apply. FGFJobAnnouncementGroupSalesCoordinato
Fresh Grounded Faith (Women’s Ministries): Part-time administrative assistant. Flexible hours and work from your location. Click link for job description and how to apply. FGFJobAnnouncementAdministrativeAssistantJenniferRothschildMinistries
Office Assistant: Demand Staff is looking for a part-time Office Assistant who has cash handling experience and be familiar with computers. Must have a clean criminal background, Apply at www.demandstaff.com or call 325-641-8583.
Kinder Care Play Land, Brownwood, TX: Seeking part-time child care help 2-6 p.m. Apply in person at 1703 18th Street or call Stephanie at 325-642-3627.
Prosperity Bank, Teller: General hours are 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. M-F and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. but willing to work with student schedule. Teller will spend the majority of their time performing a variety of paying and receiving functions for deposit and loan customers. This individual should also strive to retain present customers and develop new business by extending professional and efficient service and suggesting additional services and products to serve customers’ needs. Prosperity Bank is committed to providing our customers a personalized service experience, we’re looking for people who are passionate about satisfying customers, will not settle for the average, embrace creativity and operate with a sense of purpose. If this is you, then we are looking forward to meeting you and are excited that you are interested in joining Prosperity Bank – where we are Simply Better!
Come join our team and explore the endless possibilities that a career in banking can provide! A pre-employment credit check will be performed on all qualified applicants. Prosperity Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and Member FDIC.
Apply online at: https://www.prosperitybankusa.com/careers.aspx
- scroll down and under Job Listings click Texas
- click West Texas Area
- scroll down until you see Teller (part-time) Brownwood and click that
- scroll down and click New Resume
Camp Counselors, etc., Camp Ramapo for Children, Rhinebeck, NY: Based on our 250-acre campus in Rhinebeck, New York, Camp Ramapo is Ramapo for Children’s residential summer camp that serves children ages 6-16 who are affected by social, emotional, or learning challenges, including children on the autism spectrum. Camp Ramapo provides a traditional summer camp experience for children who have difficulty building and maintaining healthy relationships with peers and adults and would struggle in a less supportive setting. All of Camp Ramapo’s programming is carefully structured to help children with special needs learn to live within a group, form healthy friendships, make good choices, overcome obstacles, develop self-confidence, and experience success. Camp Ramapo offers a one-to-one staff-to-camper ratio. As a Camp Ramapo counselor, you’ll receive: Intensive, evidence-informed training on our Ramapo Approach, which is sought out by educators, school leaders, youth workers and caregivers around the world Daily interaction with children who face varying degrees of social, emotional and learning challenges A network of people within Ramapo for Children’s community, which includes year-round staff members, trainers, board members and counselor alumni, many of whom have gone on to pursue careers in education, social work and psychology Free room and board on our 250-acre campus plus summer stipend and travel reimbursement Up to six credits through an on-site college course, “Fieldwork in Special Education.”
Many counselors are emerging professionals in the fields of special education, social work, psychology, and related fields, but no previous experience in this type of work is necessary. We do ask you exemplify the following: • Leadership • Kindness • Patience • Commitment • Respect • Passion • Ambition • Willingness to learn
How to apply For more information and to apply, visit www.ramapoforchildren.org. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Job Application Page https://ramapo.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
Salary: Stipend plus travel expenses
The Boys & Girls Club is looking for student workers to supervise and/or tutor children in their after school program. They need workers Monday through Friday between the hours of 2:30pm and 5:30pm. If hired, your specific hours would need to be adjusted to work around your class schedule each semester. Student workers at these locations generally work between 8-15 hours/week and the pay is $7.25/hour. Your eligibility must be confirmed by the Financial Aid Office. If you are interested in this job, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 325-649-8072 or come by Room 109 in the Packer Building.
Camp Counselor, Eagle Lake Camps: Do you want to come on the adventure of a lifetime? Do you want to impact the next generation? How would you like making incredible friends, growing closer to God and having a ton of fun? If these sound like your idea of an amazing summer, we’d love to hear from you! Eagle Lake Camps is searching for the very best college-aged counselors who have:
- A desire to minister to kids
- A passion for being outdoors
- An excitement to grow closer to Jesus
- And ridiculous amounts of contagious enthusiasm
If your adrenaline is pumping and you are now second guessing all other jobs you have applied for, or perhaps this is the first time you have even thought about a summer job, we would love to hear from you either way. To get started, go to: eaglelakecamps.com/apply or give us a call at 800-873-2453 today.
Eagle Lake Camps is located in the mountains about an hour’s drive from/just outside Colorado Springs, CO. However, Eagle Lake Camps is growing and will be running programs in 7 states across the country this summer. A ministry of The Navigators, Eagle Lake Camps has been operating and changing lives for 60 summers. We’re committed to the disciplines of knowing Christ and making Him known. We accomplish this through exceptionally well-run programs, life-on-life ministry, meeting kids where they are at, and living out contagious fun. As one of our 250 college-aged staff, you will be a part of impacting approximately 8,300 campers across 5 major programs this summer. We love it here and “You belong here!”
Room and Board (meals) covered for all 12 weeks of employment.
Summer salary of ~$1200; $200 bi-weekly pay; *Option to fundraise additional salary.
Job Qualifications: A heart for man and a heart for God.
Period of Employment: May 22-Aug. 13
Hours per Week: Full time/ Varies depending on program
Fill out the online application today!
Contact: Registrar 800-873-2453
Wilson Cleaners & Laundry: Now hiring part-time help. Typical shift is 6:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. with an occasional Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; however, we are willing to work with HPU student schedules. Please apply in person at 907 N Fisk.
Personal Trainers / Group Fitness Instructors / Front Desk Help / Child Care Provider: Fitness Evolution, the area’s premier fitness club located in Early, Texas, is currently seeking qualified personal trainers, group fitness instructors, front desk help, and child care providers who can deliver a fantastic workout experience to our clients and help grow our community. These positions require a strong ability to coach, manage time, and motivate clients. You must also have organizational and leadership skills and be willing and able to learn about the services and products available to clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver pre-designed workouts to groups
- Energize and motivate clients throughout the sessions
- Build attendance and retain current clientele
- Ensure safety of participants in regards to heart rate and exercise technique
- Modify specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Attend monthly fitness staff meetings and required educational presentations
- Handle member concerns when applicable
- Assist sales associates, when needed, with studio tours and sales
- Provide quality child care while parents workout
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
- Must hold current fitness certification from an accredited education company such as ACSM, ACE, AFFA, or IDEA
- CPR/AED certification
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to safely lift and move up to 40lbs
Interested candidates may apply in person at Heartland Mall, 300 Early Blvd.
Taco Bueno is seeking dependable person for part-time position. Apply in person at 201 E. Commerce St. Brownwood.
Buffalo Wild Wings is seeking dependable person for part-time position. For job inquiries go to https://my.peoplematter.at/exceptionalbrandsbww/hire .
CiCi’s in Brownwood, TX, located at 1107 Clements St., is looking to fill positions from bus person to management. Apply in person.
Chick-Fil-A inside the Heartland Mall is currently hiring new team members. Apply in person or call 325-643-3910.
New Horizons Ranch ISD is looking for Tutors in math and science and subs in all subjects and volunteers. For more information contact Suzanna Goen at 512-535-1151.
Central Texas Opportunities, Inc. offers a number of full- and part-time jobs for the Central Texas area. To view available positions visit http://www.ctoinc.org/.
AT&T Job Opportunities Part-time positions are open at the Brownwood ATT location. These positions are highly flexible to fit your school schedule. However, you must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays. Plus, after 6 months with the company, ATT will pay your tuition and books! Apply Online at att.jobs