At Howard Payne University, you are forever a Yellow Jacket – even after you receive your diploma. The Office of Alumni Relations seeks to connect our valued alumni with one another, as well as with our faculty and current students. If you have graduated from Howard Payne, completed 24 or more hours, or opt to consider your as “alumni by choice,” you are alumni. Whether you just attended HPU, graduated last year or many years ago, please stop by and visit. We can’t wait to show you around the campus you know and love!
Welcome to the HPU Alumni Association!
The purpose of this Association shall be to further the interests of the University, its graduates, former students, and friends of the University by maintaining and developing the love and loyalty of the members of the Association for the University and for each other. This should be made evident by the active financial annual support of its members to achieve the goals of the university through gifts to the university’s Annual Fund. The Annual Fund at HPU provides much needed support to the campus budget including student scholarships and faculty needs. Please consider making a gift to the Annual Fund today.
NEW IN 2017 – There are no longer annual Alumni Association dues!
- Every student who has graduated from Howard Payne University, Howard Payne College or Daniel Baker College is now a member of the Association.
- Former students who have completed at least two semesters (24 credit hours) at Howard Payne shall be members of the Association unless they choose to opt-out of the Association.
- All friends who express their desire to be a member shall be permitted and considered “alumni by choice” once reviewed and accepted by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- We hope that you will show your support through volunteering, attending regional events, engaging in the lives of current students and giving back financially to your university.
In lieu of joining the Alumni Association, please consider making a gift to HPU’s Annual Fund today. For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-649-8044.
We hope you continue to show your support of Howard Payne University!
2017 Upcoming Events
- April 20 – New Braunfels – Cobbler Reception – HPU New Braunfels Center, 7 p.m. – Register Here
- April 24 – Goldthwaite – Cobbler Reception – First Baptist Church Goldthwaite, 7 p.m. –Register Here
- April 25 – Richardson – Cobbler Reception – First Baptist Church Richardson, 7 p.m. – Register Here
- June 19 – Arlington – “HPU Night with the Texas Rangers (vs. Toronto Blue Jays) – Ticket Information TBA in April
Alumni Association Board of Directors
|Bobbette Brooks Bell ’87||Otis Fields||Shana Martin ’07|
|Shane Blackshear ’04||Matthew Haynie ’09||Chelsea Murphree ’11|
|Angela Haney Butler ’11 & ’13||Autumn Hendon ’02||Debbie Prude ’78|
|Lori Hassel Clayton ’76||Kristi Franklin Hyatt ’86||Danny Quintanilla ’82|
|Melanie Bigbee Clonts ’75||Brandon Ireton ’07||John Robnett’07|
|Jane Collette ’81||Joy Meek Ivy ’67||Hector Rodriguez ’15|
|Dr. Dan Crawford ’64||Marilynn Jackson ’73||Wilbert Rogers ’75|
|Gene Deason ’72||Kenna Jordy ’99||Jarod Root ’03|
|Kollin Fields ’13||Dr. Chris Liebrum ’73||Robin Lemma Sellman ’82|
For Howard Payne My All
Authored by Robert G. Mangrum, Ph.D, Coley Professor of American History and Howard Payne University Historian. Highlights include a 920 page encyclopedia documenting the history of HPU, MP3 recordings of the HPU band and unedited video footage of the fire at “Old Main.” Choose either DVD or USB thumb drive. Click here to order your copy today.
2017 Past Events
January 21 – Pre-Basketball Game Reception at Brownwood Coliseum Annex
February 7 – “Blue & Gold Night” kick off at La Fiesta Restaurant, Cleburne
February 11 – TMEA Music Alumni Reception – Grand Hyatt San Antonio
March 23 – Cobbler Reception – Hillcrest Baptist Church, Austin
March 28 – Cobbler Reception – Pioneer Drive Baptist, Abilene
April 7 – Dallas – “HPU Night with the Dallas Mavericks” (vs. San Antonio Spurs)