What criteria determine who should apply?
- Scholarships will be considered only for students whose relatives are current dues-paying Alumni Association members.
- To join the Alumni Association for 2014, click here.
- The Alumni Association Scholarship Committee reviews all criteria for selection of scholarship recipients.
- The Alumni Association Scholarship must be used for tuition to Howard Payne University.
- All applications must be submitted and dated before deadline.
- All applications must be accompanied with 2 current and dated recommendations via letter or e-mail to email@example.com.
- All applications must be include current activities.
- All applications must include an essay.
- Entering first-year applicants must have maintained a “B” or above average in high school.
- Returning HPU students or transferring students must have a 2.5 or above GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours the semester in which the scholarship applies.
Need and merit
- The Office of Financial Aid will review financial eligibility.
- The Office of Student Life will review applications for good standing.
Application materials must be postmarked no later than May 1. All applications will be given to the scholarship committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, which will evaluate the applications and award the scholarships. Letters will be sent to all applicants in June to announce the results. Scholarship recipients may be called upon to assist with Homecoming and other Alumni Association events.