Howard Payne University is a great place to call home for the rest of your college experience. With caring and supportive faculty and staff, multiple student organizations, and a Christian atmosphere, our students often find HPU to be a great fit for them. We’re committed to helping you develop academically, personally and spiritually. Find your place at HPU today by following the steps below. We look forward to having you as part of the HPU family!
Students who have earned 12 or more transferable credit hours from an accredited institution since graduating from high school can apply to transfer to HPU!
Have less than 12 hours? Contact our office for more information.
Follow these steps to get the process started now:
- Submit your application – Click the link to fill out our FREE application for admission.
- Submit your college transcript(s) – Mail official copies of your transcripts from ALL colleges or universities you have attended to HPU at the address below. (Your official, final high school transcript may be required. If it is, we’ll let you know!)
Please send transcripts to:Howard Payne University Office of Admission 1000 Fisk Street Brownwood, TX 76801
Unconditional admission may be granted to transfer students from colleges and universities accredited by a regional accrediting agency who meet HPU’s general admission requirements, and who are eligible to return to their last college or university attended. The enrollment status of students currently on academic suspension from another college or university will be determined by the Howard Payne University Admission Committee. Students from accredited junior or senior colleges and universities will receive full credit for work done in such institutions, but are subject to certain limitations.
Because HPU participates in the Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS), you can enroll in your General Education courses at your local community college with full confidence that your coursework will transfer to HPU and apply toward your degree.
Transfer students are awarded merit scholarships worth up to $16,000 per year based on their GPA from transferable coursework!
Part of exploring HPU as a transfer student is planning your campus visit!
You can attend a campus preview event (Yellow Jacket Monday), or you can sign up for an individual campus visit. Campus visits are a great chance to tour the campus, meet current students and professors, and find out more about admissions and financial aid. You’ll walk away from your visit with a free t-shirt and good feel for what life is like here at HPU.
The Next Steps…
Once you have been accepted to HPU, here’s what you need to do next:
- Pay your deposit – A $100 Tuition Deposit reserves your place in the classroom. If you are planning to live on campus, you will also need to pay the $100 Housing Deposit and fill out the Housing Application to reserve your place in the residence hall.
- Submit your FAFSA – The Free Application for Federal Student Aid helps students find federal student aid to help them pay for college. HPU’s school code for the FAFSA is 003575.
- Fill out and send us your HPU Application for Financial Aid and the Core Residency Form. These forms help the Office of Financial Aid find the best award package possible for you.
- Submit your meningitis vaccination proof – Texas law requires that students under the age of 22 submit proof of their bacterial meningitis vaccination. Please fax a copy of your vaccination proof to 325-649-8901.
- Submit your shot records.
- Complete your Student Health Form
- Schedule your classes – Register for a Day 1 scheduling event.
- Order textbooks – Once you have your classes scheduled, you can order your textbooks at HPU’s online bookstore.
- Get involved – See what student organizations HPU has to offer.
Have more questions? Contact a transfer Admission Counselor!
|Liz Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org 325-649-8120||Cheryl Mangrum email@example.com 325-649-8027|