Faculty Positions

Positions listed are for the Brownwood campus unless otherwise noted.

Assistant Professor of Psychology and Family Studies

Teach courses in Psychology and Family Studies for majors and non-majors (24-27 hours per academic year); maintain regularly scheduled weekly office hours; advise and mentor students; serve on committees as assigned.

Assistant, Associate or Professor of Christian Studies, Director of Ministry Guidance/Field Education

Teach a full load (24-27 credit hours) per academic year in applied ministry and/or the Introduction to Old Testament and Introduction to New Testament. Advises, serves, and grows as a citizen and scholar to contribute to Howard Payne University’s mission of honoring Christ and His church by providing an educational experience that integrates faith, learning, and living.

Dean, School of Nursing

Oversees the University’s nursing program and is the chief nursing appointment with successful experience in BSN academic nursing program accreditation standards and processes.

Provides strategic, innovative, energetic and engaging leadership and inspiration in academic planning and development of the BSN program and works collaboratively to build partnerships and/or consensus with counterparts in the surrounding communities, medical facilities and the University to meet associated needs.

Instructor of Communication

Teach a full load of 24-27 semester credit hours in the Department of Communication per academic year (fall-spring) and maintain a minimum of seven office hours per week. This faculty member will join a multi-faceted department with a curriculum that covers human communication, communication studies generalist courses, and public relations. The faculty member will have primary responsibility for teaching courses such as Fundamentals of Human Communication, Organizational Communication, Advertising, Conflict and Mediation, and other communication studies courses. The Department of Communication is committed to supporting the fulfillment of the University’s mission statement and the purpose and vision of the School of Music and Fine Arts which includes fostering “a Christ-centered academic community dedicated to excellence by developing and equipping the whole person for intellectual inquiry, personal and professional integrity, and service to God and humanity.”

Instructor of Music in Music Theory

Teach a full load (equivalent of 24-27 credit hours per academic year and must maintain a
minimum of seven office hours per each fall and spring semester) of university courses for undergraduate
students. The instructor will provide instruction, assess and report student achievement, mentor music
majors, participate in and contribute to the University community, and deliver academic advising to
undergraduate students in music. Demonstrable excellence in teaching and continued professional profile
development is an expectation of all faculty. The Department of Music is committed to supporting the
fulfillment of the University’s mission statement and the purpose and vision of the School of Music and Fine
Arts which includes fostering “a Christ-centered academic community dedicated to excellence by
developing and equipping the whole person for intellectual inquiry, personal and professional integrity, and
service to God and humanity.” See the Job Description for more details.

Professor of Education and Field Experience Coordinator

This job is a two-part assignment. Approximately 60% of the employee’s responsibilities will be coordinating and overseeing clinical teachers and overseeing of documentation for all field experience placements. The remaining 40% includes teaching responsibilities. Professor will teach approximately 12-15 hours per year.