Bachelors of Applied Arts and Sciences – This degree offers students with vocational-technical training the opportunity to obtain a baccalaureate degree. Students may receive credit toward this degree via accredited college-level course work, certain types of professional and educational training, and/or credit by examination. Majors under the BAAS degree: Business Administration, Criminal Justice, General Studies and Christian Studies.
Master of Education in Instructional Leadership (M.Ed.) – In response to the positive reaction HPU experienced with its undergraduate teacher preparation program, Howard Payne University is offering a Master of Education in Instructional Leadership completely online. Students who graduate from the program will be prepared to work as certified principals in the state of Texas.
- 30-credit-hour, non-thesis degree
- 100% online and designed to give students the flexibility to complete the degree without interrupting their daily routines and personal, social and professional responsibilities
- Course curriculum is aligned with the state standards for principal certification and provides students with an appropriate balanced combination of theory and practical application
- Required internship to fulfill state requirements for principal certification
- Affords graduates valuable career growth potential and prepares them to perform successfully as first-year principals