- Can I download library e-books?
Yes. Visit the “Ebook and Audiobook Collections” link on the library homepage.
- Do you have a fax machine?
No. We recommend that you use the fax machine in the Mail and Copy Center in the Mabee University Center.
- Does the library have a color copier or color printer?
- Does the library have a scanner I can use?
Yes, the library has two photocopier/scanners. Photocopies are 5-cents per page; scanning is free. The copier/scanners are located on the main floor to your right as you enter the library.
- How do I find articles?
Enter your search terms in the One Search query box on the library homepage. Then, select “Articles” from the left menu on your results page. (You may also limit your search to “Full Text” only or “Scholarly” only by selecting that box in your left menu bar.)
Academic Search Complete, available on the library databases page, is also a good place to start. Or select any of several other databases (collections of journal articles) in your field of study.
- How do I get a library card?
Your HPU ID card serves as you library card. Use the 13-digit barcode number on the back of your ID to login to the library’s online resources from off-campus. Local residents may purchase a Community-Resident Library Card for $25 per year, which enables them to check out up to two books at a time from our library.
- How do I get access to electronic resources from off campus?
Log in with the 13-digit barcode from the back of your HPU ID card when prompted.
- How do I request a book or article from another library? How long will it take?
Click “Request this Item” to the left of the title you wish to request in our One Search interface on the library homepage, or submit an Interlibrary Loan request form under the “Our Services” tab on the library homepage. Articles are delivered electronically within one to seven days. Books take an average of 4-10 days.
- How many books can I check out?
- Up to 60 books at a time if you are an HPU ID card holder.
- Alumni may check out five books at a time.
- Community card holders may check out up to two items at one time.
- What are the library’s hours?
Regular hours during the fall and spring semesters are Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m-11 p.m.; Friday 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Sunday 3 p.m.-11 p.m. The Library is closed on Saturdays. Library hours are extended until midnight during finals week each semester.
Inter-term and summer hours vary and will be posted on the webpage and on the front door of the library.