Student Life Forms

On behalf of the Office of Student Life, congratulations on your acceptance to the university and welcome to the HPU community!

Please complete and submit the forms listed below. These forms should only be completed by students who have been admitted to Howard Payne University. If you have questions about your admittance status, please contact the Office of Admission at (325) 649-8020. If you have questions about the forms, please contact the Office of Student Life at (325) 649-8017 or

Enrollment Deposit
$200 total ($100 tuition deposit and $100 housing deposit)
If approved to live off-campus, only $100 is required for the tuition deposit.

Housing Application/Agreement
Needed to apply for residence hall housing. Eligible transfer students interested in on-campus apartment housing should contact the Office of Student Life.

Student Health Form (online version)
Click here for a print version to mail or fax.
This form is required for all HPU students and will be maintained by the University Nurse. Certified shot records must accompany the form, but they can be mailed to HPU (University Nurse, 1000 Fisk Street, Brownwood, TX  76801) or faxed (325-649-8819). Please review the health form carefully for required vaccinations.

Shot Records
Shot records must be validated by a physician, public health clinic or transcript from school records. Please take note of the following requirement regarding the state-mandated bacterial meningitis vaccination requirement:
 Per Texas state law, new students enrolling at HPU beginning in the Spring 2012 semester – and former students who are returning to HPU after an absence – must be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis prior to scheduling classes or Day 1 events. A hold will be placed on the student’s records preventing class scheduling until proof of the vaccination has been supplied to the University Nurse.
 Click here for additional information about the bacterial meningitis vaccination requirement.

Other State Required Vaccinations
In addition to the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Record, a complete Shot Record of all vaccinations received is also required.

The Record should include all doses of Tetanus (DPT, Dtap, Td, DT) Polio, Hepatitis B (3 doses), MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella – (2 doses) and Varicella (Chicken Pox) – illness month & year (estimate) or vaccination date – As well as all other vaccinations that have been received (ie. HPV, Hep A, HIB, etc.).

Submit shot records in one of three ways:

Fax: 325-649-8819
Mail: Jamie Skaggs
University Nurse
1000 Fisk Street
Brownwood, TX 76801

Consent to Treat Minor Form for Students Under 18 (PDF)
This form is required for new students who are under the age of 18. The form should be printed, signed by a parent or guardian, notarized and returned to the University Nurse. Please attach a front and back copy of the student’s current insurance card and responsible party information.

Request for Permission to Live Off-Campus
Students are required to live in the residence halls for four long semesters unless they meet one or more of the university approved exemptions.
This form is required for students desiring to live off campus due to an approved exemption.
Exemptions include:

  • living with parents
  • 60 academic credit hours
  • married
  • 22 years of age

Student Meal Plan Change Form
Use this form to make changes to your existing meal plan.

Spring Jacket Journey 2017

Jacket Journey is Howard Payne University’s new student welcome event designed to inform entering students about life at HPU and equip them for success.

Students beginning their HPU experiences in January 2017 are strongly encouraged to participate in Jacket Journey on Sunday, Jan. 8 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. in the Mabee University Center. We look forward to seeing you! Please click here to register in advance.

Jacket Journey 2017

Students beginning their HPU experiences in August 2017 will participate in Jacket Journey from Wednesday, Aug. 16 – Sunday, Aug. 20. Additional information will be available in April.