Information Technology Services provides a variety of services to support HPU faculty and staff. Assistance is provided in the following areas:
- Credentials for access to HPU resources such as campus computers, Blackboard, email, HPU Gateway, etc.
- Support for HPU owned hardware and software.
- Assistance with the evaluation and purchase of new hardware and software for departmental needs.
- Accessing the HPU LAN and wireless network from personal devices.
- Information on discounted software and hardware.
- The ITS Help Desk strives to provide quality service for faculty and staff. Our goal is to resolve basic issues immediately and to escalate more complex issues to the appropriate support staff for timely assistance.
Submitting a Request for Support
Send an email with your request information to email@example.com to ensure it is routed to the appropriate ITS staff member.
Call the ITS Help Desk at (325)-649-8840 or (888)-649-8767
Interested in setting up your HPU e-mail on your phone, personal laptop or tablet? Find device specific instructions in HPU Gateway on the IT Services information site (Menu -> IT Services -> Student Resources).
Check out these videos provided by the Blackboard OnDemand Learning Center. Each short video deals with a specific feature of Blackboard.
Microsoft Office Resources
HPU currently uses Microsoft Office 2016. Office 2016 is very similar to previous versions of the Office suite. However, new features have been added and a few modifications made to the overall look and feel of the product. I would encourage you to utilize our new training resource, Atomic Learning, for technology training as time permits. Please see the Getting Started Guide for information that will help you navigate to the Office 2016 Training, which has been added to the ‘Recommended Trainings’ section for all faculty and staff.
For those looking for a printable reference detailing the changes in Office 2016, we recommend the Quick Start Guides provided by Microsoft. These guides contain useful tips, shortcuts, and screenshots to help you find your way around the new Office suite.