Information Technology Services provides a variety of services to support HPU faculty and staff. Assistance is provided in the following areas:
- Credentials for access to HPU resources such as campus computers, Blackboard, email, CampusConnect, etc.
- Support for HPU owned hardware and software.
- Assistance with the evaluation and purchase of new hardware and software for departmental needs.
- Accessing the HPU LAN and wireless network from personal devices.
- Information on discounted software and hardware.
- The ITS Help Desk strives to provide quality service for faculty and staff. Our goal is to resolve basic issues immediately and to escalate more complex issues to the appropriate support staff for timely assistance.
Submitting a Request for Support
Send an email with your request information to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure it is routed to the appropriate ITS staff member.
Call the ITS Help Desk at (325)-649-8034 or (325)-649-8075
Learn how to set up your HPU e-mail on your phone, personal laptop or tablet.
Blackboard Collaborate Resources
Blackboard Collaborate (previously known as Elluminate Live!) provides a platform for supporting synchronous web-based sessions. These resources should help you get started with the tool.
Check out these videos provided by the Blackboard OnDemand Learning Center. Each short video deals with a specific feature of Blackboard.
Microsoft Office 2013 Resources
HPU is making the move to Microsoft Office 2013 this year. Office 2013 is very similar to previous versions of the Office suite. However, new features have been added and a few modifications made to the overall look and feel of the product. I would encourage you to utilize our new training resource, Atomic Learning, for Microsoft Office 2013 training as time permits. Please see the Getting Started Guide for information that will help you navigate to the Office 2013 Training, which has been added to the ‘Recommended Trainings’ section for all faculty and staff.
For those looking for a printable reference detailing the changes in Office 2013, we recommend the Quick Start Guides provided by Microsoft. These guides contain useful tips, shortcuts, and screenshots to help you find your way around the new Office suite.