ANNOUNCING STUDENT ADVANTAGE: Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus – No Cost for Student Use
Due to recent changes in our Microsoft agreement, Information Technology Services is happy to announce that Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus is now available for all HPU students at no cost via the Microsoft Student Advantage program. This agreement between HPU and Microsoft allows us to provide current students with the latest version of the Office suite, both on campus and on personal devices.
What does Office 365 Pro Plus include?
- A digital download of Office 365 Pro Plus to install on PC/Mac for up to 5 devices
- Office 365 Pro Plus stays up to date with the latest releases from Microsoft (currently Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac)
- Office Mobile access for iOS and Android devices
- Create and store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Publisher files locally on your machine or on SkyDrive cloud-based storage.
Who is eligible?
All enrolled HPU students will gain access once email and network access is granted. Faculty and staff who are taking classes are not eligible at this time.
What happens when I graduate & leave HPU?
Once you have left the University, your Microsoft Office Pro Plus subscription will end, but you will retain all documents that were created. You may then enroll in other available consumer or commercial offers.
How do I get Office 365 Pro Plus?
- Access is integrated with your new Office 365 account, which provides access to the latest Office downloads, as well as to SkyDrive cloud-based storage, and use of Office 365 Web Apps.
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal using your HPU email address for your username, and the password you use to access the campus network and Webmail. The Office 365 portal URL for HPU students is: http://office365.hputx.edu
- To download Office to your personal device:
1) Select the Settings gear in the top right corner, then Office 365 Settings
2) Choose the Software section from the menu on the left
3) Select your language
4) Click on the “install” button.
NOTE: Office installs the 32-bit version on your PC by default, even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure which version of Office you should install, see Which version is best for me?
Watch this video to learn about using Office and Office Web Apps in Office 365. Additional tutorial and how to information will be added to the IT Services website soon.