The School of Christian Studies offers two scholarships for select undergraduate students:
BGCT Ministerial Scholarship
For Baptist students who have accepted a call to vocational ministry, the Baptist General Convention of Texas (BGCT) offers a $750 scholarship per semester for freshmen and sophomores, and $1125 per semester for juniors and seniors. These scholarship funds are given by Texas Baptist churches through the Baptist General Convention of Texas in cooperation with Howard Payne University.
First-time applicants should submit the following:
- Signed Statement of Cooperation
- Completed Testimony of Call to Ministry Form
- Church Certification Form completed by a Baptist church
- A Letter of Recommendation from the pastor of the Baptist church that certifies the student
Application to continue to receive the BGCT Ministerial Scholarship requires annual recertification, faithful participation in the HPU Ministerial Alliance organization, as well as completion of the following:
- Signed Signed Statement of Cooperation
- Reaffirmation of Call to Ministry
- Recertification Form completed by a BGCT-affiliated Baptist church
- Ministerial Alliance Information Sheet
Baptist Ministers’ Children Scholarship
For full-time students who are unmarried, under 23 years of age, and dependent children of active full-time Baptist ministers, Howard Payne University offers a $750 scholarship per semester. To apply for this scholarship, the parent of the student should submit a letter detailing his or her status and current place of service, and the student should complete the application form.
For more details, see the Baptist Ministers’ Children Scholarship Information Sheet or contact Amy Pitman (email@example.com or 325-649-8403).