220th JUDICIAL DISTRICT, COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT, COMANCHE, HAMILTON AND BOSQUE COUNTIES:
Community Supervision Officer – 220th CSCD, 211 S. Austin, Comanche, Texas 76442
- A bachelors’ degree in Criminal Justice or related fields, conferred by an institution of higher education accredited and recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Cannot be employed as a peace officer or work as a reserve or volunteer peace officer
- Cannot currently be on community supervision, parole or serving a sentence for a criminal offense
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background investigation
- Supervise Misdemeanor and Felony probationers
- Refer probationers to appropriate placement
- Insure court ordered conditions of probation are followed
- Conduct home visits
- Prepare and submit Motions and Reports as required
- Complete Pre-sentence Investigations Reports
- Monitor specific needs of all indirect cases
- Testify in court proceedings/hearings
- Maintain a professional rapport with all individuals and agencies
- Assist other department staff if requested
- Maintain current educational and training requirements
- Maintain communication within the Department and within the respective counties
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Adhere to all personnel and Departmental policies
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the Director
Contact Information: Resumes, transcripts and references may be mailed to: 220th Judicial District CSCD, Regina K. Johnson, Director, P.O. Box 118, Comanche, TX 76442
*********Phone calls will not be accepted. ***********
Director of Student Ministries, Ovilla United Methodist Church:
Job Description: The director of student ministries will maintain, develop, and grow a ministry integrating students (grades 6-12) into the life of Ovilla United Methodist Church and its community. Providing spiritual leadership aligning with the theology, mission, vision, and values of the church, the Director of Student Ministries will create and sustain weekly and long-term programs in order to intentionally move students towards a life of discipleship.
- Develop, guide, oversee, and implement a vibrant ministry for junior and senior high students in order to reach people with the light of God’s hope and love.
- Be a visionary leader within the congregation and community for student ministries.
- Provide leadership and a staff presence during church and community ministries involving children, youth, and families.
- Maintain records of participants, meetings, policies, and planning for student ministries.
- Develop and encourage Christian leadership from both student and young adult leaders.
- Partner with the pastor in evaluating and developing further ministries for children, students, and families.
- Maintain an active presence in the church and surrounding communities.
- Create a comprehensive two-year plan for the student ministries program including: preparing objectives, goals, strategies, and measurements for the youth program.
- Lead and organize effective student ministry programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, as well as service projects.
- Recruit, train, and lead adult volunteer leaders.
- Help to develop leadership skills within the students by enabling them to plan and conduct some of their own activities.
- Provide spiritual direction for students on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Submit an article and calendar of student ministry events for the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Integrate intentionally the student ministry into all phases of church life, striving for an intergenerational culture which unites and complements other church and community ministries.
- Maintain the student ministry budget.
- Participate in the Church Council and various committees in the church.
- Plan and facilitate participation in the junior and senior high Central Texas Conference Youth in Missions (CTCYM) trips.
- Facilitate participation in Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center Mid-Winter retreats and summer camps.
- Attend all worship services and relevant church events.
- Create and maintain a viable social media and web presence.
- Mentor the 8:30AM/Student Ministry Worship Leader.
- Regularly attend extra-curricular functions of students, including school lunches and sporting events.
- Other duties as required.
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to work with youth and adult volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth ministries.
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry.
- Consent and ability to pass a background/credit/driver’s license check and complete Safe Sanctuary training.
- Willingness to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others on staff ministry team, to maintain a positive outlook, and to be flexible in solving problems.
- Vision, passion, energy and heart for the unchurched.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior Youth Ministry Experience
- Musical Ability
- Background in United Methodist Church
- Posted 01/31/2019
Sales Assistant, KTXS TV, Abilene, TX: Make your mark in broadcasting and digital media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are seeking a detail-oriented Sales Assistant who has strong written and oral communication skills. To view a complete job description and information on how to apply, click the following link: Local Sales Assistant – Position KTXS
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Intern/Trainee Positions: Students enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, in a qualifying educational institutions.
The United States Border Patrol (USBP) within CBP is hiring 20 Border Patrol Agent Student Interns/Trainees in El Paso, Texas and Tucson, Arizona to execute its mission of preventing the entry of terrorists and their weapons from entering the United States; and preventing the illicit trafficking of people and contraband between official CBP ports of entry. Border Patrol Agents (BPA) are responsible for the detection, prevention and apprehension and/or deterrence of terrorists, terrorist weapons, undocumented aliens and smugglers of aliens at or near the land border by maintaining surveillance from a covert position, responding to electronic sensor television systems and aircraft sightings. BPA Student Intern/Trainees support Border Patrol Agents in detainee processing, and field and program support. BPA Student Trainees do not need experience for the internship and receive training for the duration of the internship.
Apply directly to US Border Patrol Student Trainee jobs and internships at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506312000
Sales Associate, Ferguson Enterprises: Ferguson is looking for college graduates to begin as Inside Sales Trainees in locations throughout the United States. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class customer service, and you may be an ideal candidate if:
- You want to understand the whole business. We take pride in investing in our associates. As a Sales Trainee, you will work from the ground-up to ensure you have a solid foundation of knowledge to excel in your sales career.
- You want to build long-lasting relationships – with customers and coworkers.
- You value teamwork, drive, and passion. These characteristics, found in our associates, are fundamental to the success and bottom line of our organization.
- You want to be part of something big. Ferguson proudly supports our communities, families, military and educational initiatives. It’s how we make a positive impact to strengthen the communities where we live and work.
College of Ferguson: You will begin your career in a training location for 5 months alongside other trainees, where a proficient trainer will develop your skills in product and operational knowledge of our industry.
Upon completing your time in the College of Ferguson, you will be responsible for assisting with sales functions for existing and prospective customers in your final location. Be prepared to develop and maintain customer relationships, present job quotes and provide accurate pricing/inventory information to customers.
A Bachelor’s Degree OR 8 years of active military service is required. Take the first step toward your career and Apply TODAY!
Click the following link to apply: Ferguson Sales Trainee Application
Meysen Teaching Academy: MeySen Teaching Opportunity
Based in California, L’adore is an international English teacher recruiting organization. We represent hundreds of high preforming educational institutions, as such, we can accommodate instructor request for specific teaching and location experiences. We are looking for native English speakers to teach in China starting September, 2017. More than 6,000 positions open to candidates. Find out more at www.ladoreland.com
1. Native English Speaker with bachelor’s degree
2. TESOL, TEFL or equivalent certifications
3. Great communication skills
4. Available to work evening hours and weekends
5. One year contract with hiring school
1. Annual pay: RMB 14,4000
2. Housing accommodation included
3. Airfare: one round-trip international flight ticket
reimbursed at the completion of one year contract
4. Free lunch with children on working days
5. Working visa, residence permits, foreign expert permit provided
We welcome all who like children and Chinese culture to join us. We would love to speak with interested candidates one on one, or we are available for groups in a seminar environment.
Management Trainee, Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Regardless of college major or professional experience, nearly 100% of our full-time employees start out in our Management Training Program. This allows everyone to learn our business from the ground up and understand how they play a significant role in seeing it succeed. Once you’ve completed your initial orientation and training, you’ll be assigned to a branch office in your home area and the hands-on training begins. You’ll learn valuable business skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes. Nearly 100% of all our managers and corporate executives started out as Management Trainees. During your first year, you will actively participate in everything from sales and marketing and customer service to operations and finance. As you progress, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in these areas. Successful completion of these tests and evaluations will result in rewards, pay increases and the opportunity for continued promotions. As you progress, increasingly more opportunities will become available to you. You can choose, as most people do, to continue your rewarding ascent within our Rental Operations managerial track or you can explore one of many other exciting options including Fleet Management, Human Resources, Car Sales, Accounting, Marketing and more. As a Management Trainee, you are empowered to make business decisions that greatly affect your career as well as the bottom line. You’ll gain responsibility for developing new business and maintaining current relationships. You’ll be responsible for understanding cost control, reading your branch’s P&L statement and understanding what it takes to run a profitable business. You will also learn how to deliver superior customer service. We will teach you how to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers, vendors and co-workers. You’ll learn proper sales techniques to problem solving and conflict management. Those skills will provide you with the opportunity to market to local business partners and build solid, long-lasting relationships with key business decision-makers. In your development to become a successful manager at Enterprise, you’ll learn how to mentor, train, develop, manage and promote a staff of your own. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monthly Salary: $4200.00
Apply On-Line at: https://careers.enterprise.com/
Click To View Local Temp To Hire Positions
The following is a listing of job search sites that will help provide a robust database of part-time and full-time career opportunities, along with internship possibilities: