Howard Payne University is the greatest place on Earth. Okay, we may be a little biased. If you need more convincing, we’re happy to help. With caring and supportive faculty and staff, multiple student organizations, and a Christian atmosphere, our students find HPU to be a great fit for them. We’re committed to helping you develop academically, personally and spiritually. Find your place at HPU today by following the steps below. We look forward to having you as part of the HPU family!
High school seniors can apply for free to Howard Payne University!
- Submit your application – Click the link to fill out our FREE application for admission.
- Submit your high school transcript
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores
Please send transcripts and test scores to:
|Howard Payne University Office of Admission 1000 Fisk Street Brownwood, TX 76801||Email: email@example.com Fax: 325-649-8901|
Unconditional admission is typically offered to students who have maintained a “B” (80 and above) average or better throughout high school, whose ACT composite score is 19 or above or whose New SAT score is 990 or above or whose Old SAT score (Critical Reading plus Math) is 910 or above, and who meet all other admission requirements.
Are your test scores or GPA below Unconditional Admission requirements? Find out more about our Provisional Program.
First-year students can be awarded merit scholarships worth up to $15,000 per year based on their high school performance and their ACT or SAT test scores!
Part of exploring HPU as a first-year student is planning your campus visit!
You can attend a campus preview event (Yellow Jacket Mondays), or you can sign up for an individual campus visit. Campus visits are a great chance to tour the campus, meet current students and professors, and find out more about admissions and financial aid. You’ll walk away from your visit with a free t-shirt and good feel for what life is like here at HPU.
The Next Steps…
Once you have been accepted to HPU, here’s what you need to do next:
- Claim your HPU Gateway account! After being accepted, you will receive an email from HPU I.T. Services with instructions on how to claim your account.
- Pay your deposit – The Enrollment Deposit is a total of $200, with $100 going toward your tuition and reserving your place in the classroom and $100 going toward your housing and reserving your place in the residence hall.
- Submit your FAFSA – The Free Application for Federal Student Aid helps students find federal student aid to help them pay for college. HPU’s school code for the FAFSA is 003575.
- Fill out and send us your HPU Application for Financial Aid and the Core Residency Form – These forms help the Financial Aid office find the best award package possible for you.
- Submit your meningitis vaccination proof – Texas law requires that students under the age of 22 submit proof of their bacterial meningitis vaccination. Please fax a copy of your vaccination proof to 325-649-8901.
- Submit your shot records (on the Gateway)
- Fill out the Housing Application – The Housing Application and Agreement gives the Student Life office information to help with residence hall and roommate assignments.
- Complete your Student Health Form (on the Gateway)
- Schedule your classes – Register for a Day 1 scheduling event.
- Order textbooks – Once you have your classes scheduled, you can order your textbooks at HPU’s online bookstore.
- Get involved – See what student organizations HPU has to offer.
Have more questions? Contact the Office of Admission!
Howard Payne UniversityOffice of Admission 1000 Fisk Street Brownwood, TX 76801 firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 325-649-8020 Fax: 325-649-8901