Educator Preparation Program
Equip. Innovate. Empower.
Do you want to use your talent and passion to make a powerful difference in your world? Howard Payne University’s Educator Preparation Program is a strong, innovative program, and the place for you. Never has our society had such a need for well-equipped educators empowered with the knowledge and skills to impact the broad range of learners in 21st century classrooms. Let us help you get the skills and certification you need to lead others to learn!
Howard Payne University Educator Preparation Program functions in compliance with and is accredited by the Texas Education Agency. Our status is as follows:
- 2015-2016 Accredited
- 2016-2017 Accredited
- 2017-2018 Accredited
- 2018-2019 Accredited
- 2019-2020 Accredited
- 2020-2021 – No ratings given due to COVID-19
Why HPU’s Educator Preparation Program?
- Our faculty are all experienced public school teachers.
- Our faculty model best teaching practices.
- We have close partnerships with local school districts and area teachers.
- Our students enjoy a variety of hands-on field based experiences.
- Small class sizes allow your professors to know you.
- The Christian culture of the campus and the department create a caring community that propels you to make a difference in your world.
To EQUIP the next generation of educators to lead in effectively impacting diverse 21st century learners through INNOVATIVE, research based pedagogical practices that EMPOWER them to effectively prepare learners to be successful, productive citizens.
- Educator preparation that is rooted in a Christian world view; meeting the needs of our communities by using our skills and giftedness to connect with, help, and show Christ to those in our sphere of influence.
- Educator preparation that challenges student thinking so that they understand and use best practices
- Develop Texas certified teachers who know and care deeply about both their content and their students
- Prepare Texas teachers to be innovative leaders
- To deeply impact the Brown County area by partnering with local districts to provide authentic learning environments for preservice teachers—many of whom will choose to stay and teach in local schools.