Howard Payne University aims to provide future nurses a solid Christ-centered foundation to serve others. The curriculum is student centered with a focus on caring, faith and intellectual inquiry.
Being a Yellow Jacket in HPU’s School of Nursing provides:
- Rewards with small class sizes and up-to-date study aides
- A Nursing outlook with a Christian worldview
- Opportunities for interprofessional collaboration
- Exposure to the healthcare mission field and healthcare agencies
- Lifelong friendships that promote personal and professional integrity
- An opportunity for impacting healthcare
- A concept-based curriculum which challenges intellectual inquiry
- Academic ventures which encourage service to God and humanity
- A broad spectrum of nursing career choices
As an HPU student, you will join a faith-based community of scholars committed to improving healthcare both in the United States and globally. You will establish friendships with classmates and faculty that will continue throughout your lifetime.
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. Matthew 4:23 (NIV)
HPU offers two paths by which to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. Click on each heading below for more information.
In July 2018, the Texas Board of Nursing unanimously approved Howard Payne University’s proposal to offer the pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
This program allows for a registered nurse with an unencumbered license to continue his or her education toward a post-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.