School of Nursing
School of Nursing Navigation
About the School of Nursing
Howard Payne University aims to provide future nurses a solid Christ-centered foundation to serve others. The curriculum is student centered with a focus on caring, faith and intellectual inquiry.
Being a Yellow Jacket in HPU’s School of Nursing provides:
- Small class sizes and up-to-date study aids
- A nursing outlook with a Christian worldview
- Opportunities for interprofessional collaboration
- Exposure to the healthcare mission field and healthcare agencies
- Lifelong friendships that promote personal and professional integrity
- An opportunity for impacting healthcare
- A concept-based curriculum which challenges intellectual inquiry
- Academic ventures which encourage service to God and humanity
- A broad spectrum of nursing career choices
Click the link below to view information about the HPU Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program, including admission and application information.
Nursing at HPU
As an HPU student, you will join a faith-based community of scholars committed to improving healthcare both in the United States and globally. You will establish friendships with classmates and faculty that will continue throughout your lifetime.
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. Matthew 4:23 (NIV)
Students applying for admission to the School of Nursing may also choose to apply for admission to the Guy D. Newman Honors Academy. Providing an innovative approach to the academic program, the Academy enables students to combine their specialized major with coursework grounded in an understanding of the American free enterprise system.
There are a number of scholarships, grants and loans available through the university’s Office of Financial Aid.
Additionally, scholarships are available for HPU students who are already enrolled in their major.