HPU Alumni Directory Update
The Howard Payne University Alumni Association desires to strengthen our alumni network to provide resources and connections for alumni. One way we are doing this in 2023 is through a partnership with Publishing Concepts (PCI) to produce a new print and digital alumni directory.
PCI will begin mailing postcards and sending e-mails to alumni in January 2023. The communication requests alumni to call a telephone number to verify or update their alumni profile. When alumni call, they will be offered the opportunity to purchase a printed or digital directory and some HPU merchandise. You are under no obligation to purchase anything. Regardless of whether you purchase the directory, we thank you for updating your information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with the University. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legitimate! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX, that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years.
This project allows the University to receive important updates to our database so we can better serve our alumni.
2. Does the University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
3. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
4. I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
- If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the Directory project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
- If you received an email with an embedded link, simply click the link to go to the online site to review your information.
5. Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org or to the University directly.
6. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Howard Payne University Alumni Directory is available for sale to corresponding alumni of Howard Payne alumni only. **You will be listed in the directory whether you decide to purchase a copy or not.
7. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project from initial outreach to alumni to directory release, is about 12 months.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com and they will take care of this for you.