IV. Enhancing the Student Experience Through Transformed Spaces
Strategic Goal 1
Create community spaces that serve the student experience and relationship building by:
- building outdoor community spaces to encourage gathering, including outdoor technology and charging stations and a revamped Jacket Golf course;
- modernizing and renovating student resident halls, expanding on-campus apartment opportunities, and creating tiered residence hall options;
- creating and improving student options for socialization and dining across campus and with community partners;
- creating campus pathways that match the flow of activity, focus foot traffic, and invite community participation; and
- beginning efforts to reorient campus buildings to face the center of campus, directing traffic flow to better facilitate a community focus.
Strategic Goal 2
Rearrange, redesign and renovate classrooms for best practice in pedagogy by:
- renovating science labs and addressing other program-specific needs; and
- continuing to redesign and update classroom spaces.
Strategic Goal 3
Modernize, update and build athletic facilities to support student success by:
- installing lights for all outdoor athletic facilities; and
- creating additional athletic competition venues and practice facilities on campus.