III. Enhancing the Student Experience Through Innovative Teaching and Learning
Strategic Goal 1
Develop new and innovative academic programs with growth potential by:
- appointing a task force of faculty across disciplines to research market trends and to consider new academic programs; and
- appointing a task force to explore the growth of strategic online programs to meet student needs and reach students unable to attend classes on campus.
Strategic Goal 2
Evaluate and improve academic programs by:
- developing a core of general education that creates a “spine” of academic support;
- conducting a holistic review of each school and program as well as the organization of schools and departments through the Office of Academic Affairs;
- engaging students in academic research and applied research as appropriate to their fields of study; and
- enlisting faculty with strong academic credentials who fit the mission of HPU and who desire to make meaningful connections with students.
Strategic Goal 3
Create professional development opportunities for leadership and for training and equipping faculty with best practice in pedagogy by:
- establishing a center for teaching and learning excellence that emphasizes and supports the pedagogical development of faculty and innovative practice;
- standardizing a faculty evaluation process that is connected to the University mission and the Strategic Plan 2023-2028, along with training for evaluators; and
- providing funds for faculty to innovate in the classroom by seeking grants and by reallocating current resources.