Kappa kappa Psi
Kappa Kappa Psi
Since our founding on February 27,1971, Zeta Beta has exemplified strong leadership and tireless service consistent with the values of Kappa Kappa Psi. It is our desire and ambition to continue this tradition of excellence and to ensure that our small university band continues to achieve a high level of performance and be the best it can be for years to come. This band program remains successful because of the actions of our chapter and the high standard of attainment we set for our members.
In our chapter’s history, we have been honored a multitude of times on the district and even the national level in recognition of our service. Our most recent accolades include: Being nationally recognized as one of the chapter leadership finalists and being selected as the D.O. Wiley Award recipient for two consecutive years (2016,2017).
As a chapter, we strive to be exemplify the five purposes of our national fraternity:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
- To honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
To read more about our national organization go to: Kappa Kappa Psi
President – Sarah German
Vice President – Annabelle Rodriquez
Recording Secretary – Sarah German
Treasurer – Laurel Glass
Historian – Valarie Miller
Alumni Relations Officer – Daniel Patterson
Corresponding Secretary – Cameron White
Sergeant-at-Arms – Zaylie Sanchez
Member-at-large/Chaplain – Keommi Bond