Homecoming Award Nominations
- Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna
- Coming Home Queen
- Outstanding Young Graduate
- Grand Marshal
- Medal of Service
In order to provide the selection committee with sufficient information to make award decisions, it is the responsibility of the person making the nomination to include biographical information on the nominee as well as a thorough description of the nominee’s award qualifications. Homecoming honorees should display personal and professional accomplishments representing the values and mission of Howard Payne University. Honorees must be present (or have a representative present) at Homecoming. Please include information about the nominee’s professional career and their service to God’s Kingdom.
- Distinguished Alumnus/Distinguished Alumna – This is the most prestigious award bestowed upon an HPU alumnus/alumna. It honors a graduate who has made a distinct accomplishment in his/her profession or community and has thereby brought honor to HPU. Recipient must have graduated from HPU at least 20 years prior to receiving the award.
- Outstanding Young Graduate – Presented to an alumnus/alumna who graduated from HPU within the past 20 years, this award celebrates the accomplishments of a graduate who has made outstanding achievements in his/her profession and has thus brought honor to HPU.
- Medal of Service* – This award is bestowed upon an individual who expresses exemplary support of Howard Payne University by rendering outstanding service to the university. This distinct honor may be presented to a faculty or staff member, trustee/board member or other steadfast supporter of HPU.
- Coming Home Queen – This award recognizes a woman who has displayed a long-time expression of HPU spirit and pride.
- Grand Marshal* – This award is presented to a person who displays outstanding commitment and service to HPU.
*Recipient may be an alumnus, but it is not a requirement.
If you have any questions, please call (325) 649-8044 to speak with the Office of Alumni Relations.