OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Office Web Apps
What is OneDrive for Business?
OneDrive for Business is Microsoft’s professional online cloud storage solution. Much like Dropbox or Google Drive, OneDrive for Business allows you to store documents online allowing you to access your files from almost anywhere that has an internet connection. OneDrive applications are available for your desktop and most smart phones, which allows for easy access, synchronization, and the transfer of large files.
What are Microsoft Office Web Apps?
Bundled into your OneDrive account are Microsoft’s Office Web Applications which include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Files are saved using standard Office extensions, such as docx, so there will be no compatibility issues when viewing your files with the desktop version of Office. All files are automatically saved in your OneDrive account so you can access them from almost any web enabled device through your browser.
How do I access OneDrive and Office Web Apps?
- You can access your OneDrive and Office Web Apps through the OneDrive tab in your HPU Offie 365 account.
- Access your email, OneDrive, and all Office 365 has to offer at http://office365.hputx.edu.
How much storage space do I have through OneDrive?
OneDrive offers up to 1TB of cloud-based file storage.
What is the maximum file upload size for OneDrive?
OneDrive allows you to upload files up to 10 GB.
Share files through OneDrive.
OneDrive allows you to share your files with other students for collaboration. Files can be shared privately or publicly and Office Word Apps can also be shared for editing.
OneDrive for Business desktop application.
OneDrive offers a desktop application available for Windows only. This application will allow you to automatically sync files between your desktop and OneDrive account.
OneDrive for Business app for my phone or tablet
There is a OneDrive for Business app for iOS and Windows 8 mobile devices. The app allows you to store, access, and share work documents and other files in the cloud from your mobile device.
- iPhone or iPad – Instructions for use.
- Windows Phone – Instructions for use.
- Android – At this time there is no official OneDrive for Business App for android devices.
Accessing OneDrive and Office Web Apps on a Mobile Phone
Most modern phones should be able to access OneDrive through the web browser to store, access, and share documents. Editing Office Web App files on your phone may work depending on your device, but at this time most phones display an error.
To access OneDrive on your mobile phone:
- You may initially be taken to the Office 365 mobile site. Please click on Log-in.
- iPhone: Your iPhone browser should display a mobile version of your HPU Inbox. To access OneDrive click on the symbol, select …Office 365, and choose OneDrive.
- Android: You will need to use the “Desktop Version” in your mobile browser. In our testing we found that the Chrome Browser offered the best experience, even allowing us to edit some Office Web App documents.
Accessing OneDrive and Office Web Apps on a Tablet
Most modern tablets should be able to access OneDrive through a web browser. On your tablet you should be able to create and edit as well as store, access, and share documents.
Do Faculty and Staff have access to OneDrive and Office Web Apps?
Based on our current Microsoft agreement, OneDrive and the bundled Office Web Apps are available to current students only.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions regarding the Office 365 or OneDrive please contact IT Services.
- Phone: 325-649-8075 or 325-649-8040
- Email: email@example.com
- Walk-in: Packer Administration Building, Room 108