Christian Studies at HPU NB
Discover a rewarding career in ministering to and meeting the needs of others. You can be prepared for pastoral ministry, chaplaincy and other areas of ministry.
Opportunities and Careers
Choose from classes in:
- Biblical Interpretation
- Communication Preaching
- Cross-Cultural Ministry
- History of the Bible and Christianity
- Practical Theology
… and more.
Apply now to begin your journey towards a rewarding career with exponential Kingdom impact!
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Christian Studies
The BAAS degree option gives students the ability to have technical/vocational courses reviewed for credit. Accepted courses may only qualify for elective credit if they are from vocational/technical schools, or by assessment of credit from a non-collegiate setting such as TCOLE, generally recognized by the American Council on Education.
Students choosing this route will be required to complete 45 hours of General Education requirements and at least 36 hours in courses offered in the School of Christian Studies. All Bachelor degrees at Howard Payne University must meet 124 hours to qualify for graduation. The remaining 43 hours may be taken in elective and/or an optional minor.
This degree is particularly valuable for those interested in bi-vocational ministry. For review of credit, please submit all vocational/technical and/or TCOLE transcripts for evaluation.
The BAAS in Christian Studies requirements include:
- General Education Requirements: 45 hours
- Major Degree Requirements: 36 hours
- With a composite in Christian Studies.
- Courses include World Religions, Life and Teachings of Jesus, Theology and Culture, Basic Evangelism, and more. For more information about specific courses required we encourage you to schedule a visit to speak with an admission counselor or university advisor.
- Electives and/or Optional Minor: 43 hours
- Total Degree Requirements: 124 hours