Criminal Justice at HPU NB
Discover a rewarding career in serving, protecting and defending justice. From law enforcement to narcotics, forensics, investigation and more, you can serve on the frontlines of justice.
Opportunities and Careers
Choose from classes in:
- Community Corrections
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Problems of Contemporary Society
- Restorative Justice
… and more.
Apply now to begin your journey towards a fulfilling career in serving, protecting, and defending justice!
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice requirements include:
- General Education Requirements: 45 hours
- Additional Degree Requirements: 12 hours
- Major Degree Requirements: 30-36 hours
- Courses include Crime in America, Community Policing, Racial Profiling, Ethics in Criminal Justice, an internship, and others. For more information about our specific courses required, we encourage you to schedule a visit to speak with an admission counselor or university advisor.
- Optional Minor: 18-24 hours
- Electives (with optional minor):7-19 hours
- Electives (without optional minor): 31-37 hours
- Total Degree Requirements: 124 hours
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Criminal Justice
The BAAS degree option gives students the ability to have technical/vocational courses reviewed for credit. Accepted courses may only qualify for elective credit if they are from vocational/technical schools, or by assessment of credit from a non-collegiate setting such as TCOLE, generally recognized by the American Council on Education.
Students choosing this route will be required to complete 45 hours of General Education requirements and at least 36 hours in courses offered in the School of Business. All Bachelor degrees at Howard Payne University must meet 124 hours to qualify for graduation. The remaining 43 hours may be taken in elective and/or an optional minor.
For review of credit, please submit all vocational/technical and/or TCOLE transcripts for evaluation.