BROWNWOOD – September 30, 2021 – Howard Payne University has announced changes to the Stinger Spectacular schedule on Friday, Oct. 1, and Saturday, Oct. 2, due to the inclement weather forecast for the weekend. The new 1:30 p.m. start time for Saturday’s football game and other event adjustments are listed below.
Friday, Oct. 1, and Saturday, Oct. 2
- The new location for on-site registration is inside the Mabee University Center, though at the originally scheduled times.
- The HPU Student and Family Dinner, to be held at 5 p.m., has been relocated to the Mabee University Center’s Bullion Suites.
- Cobbler on the Campus, to be held at 7 p.m., will now take place in the Mabee University Center.
- The concert with Austin Upchurch ’16 has been rescheduled for Saturday (see below).
Saturday, Oct. 2
- At the time of publishing, the parade is planned as originally scheduled. Guests should check the online schedule at www.hputx.edu/spectacular for the most up-to-date information.
- The Little Jackets’ Nest has been cancelled.
- The HPU Family BBQ will now be held in the Mabee University Center’s Beadel Dining Hall at 11:30 a.m., with tables reserved for class reunions.
- The Stinger Spectacular Tailgate and Pep Rally have been cancelled.
- The kick-off time for the HPU football game versus Sul Ross State University, to be held at Gordon Wood Stadium, has been moved to 1:30 p.m.
- The concert with Austin Upchurch ’16 will be held at 7 p.m. at the Brown County Fair Association’s Sheep Barn, located at 4206 Highway 377 S.
Visit www.hputx.edu/spectacular for a complete schedule of events, information about honorees and more.
Cutline: HPU has announced weather-related changes to the Stinger Spectacular schedule.