A Biology Major is useful for:
- Such as biology teacher or research lab technician
- Background for allied health fields (requires additional courses at another school)
- Such as hospital lab technician
- Overlap with health profession schools requirements
- Such as medical, dental, optometry, physical therapy, or veterinary medicine schools
- Graduate schools (master or doctorate degrees)
- Such as biology or public health
The Biology Faculty:
- Have a wide range of backgrounds
- Teach courses for freshmen to seniors
- Teach labs as well as lectures
- Serve as academic advisors for biology majors
- Serve as research advisors for student’s individual research projects
The Biology Major at Howard Payne University Emphasizes:
- Broad background in biology
- You must take a wide variety of biology courses.
- Hands-on experiences
- Almost every biology course includes a laboratory component.
- Individual research project
- Each student plans, carries out, and reports on an independent project.
See our additional web pages for more information about the department.
Ready to get started on your lifelong journey as an HPU Yellow Jacket? Apply for free today!