Many of our graduates go on to study pharmacy. Howard Payne University provides most (usually all) of the courses necessary to meet the prerequisite requirements for pharmacy graduate studies at the institution of your choice.
In Texas, pharmacy can be studied at:
- Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy
- Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy
- University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy
- University of Texas College of Pharmacy
A degree plan will be created for you, giving you either a major in chemistry with a biochemistry concentration, or a chemistry major and a biology minor. In addition to the major course requirements, there are many art, physics and math courses that need to be taken to meet the prerequisites for your chosen institution. If you are interested in pursuing a career in pharmacy, please discuss this option with Dr. Kristen Hutchins (email@example.com).